Sunday, June 01, 2008

Festivals, Movies, Comics and Sketches

So let's see, what's been going on...last week I was asked to participate in a meeting with some members of the local Vancouver SIGGRAPH Chapter to begin brainstorming ideas for the SPARK Animation festival coming up in September. Not too much to say about it at this point, as it's all in the very early stages, but I'm incredibly honored to be a part of it. The time is ripe to develop an event like this in Vancouver, so I'm super excited. By the way, the next local SIGGRAPH event is about the visual style of Ratatouille, followed by a screening of the film.



Plans for my own festival coming up this Saturday are also coming together nicely...this is going to be a VERY busy week!

Friday night Jay & I had another movie date to see the highly-anticipated Sex and the City, which was very good. And no, I wasn't the only guy there. Another review for Hollywood Jesus has resulted here.



I've recently caught up with Chris Sanders' blog and his online comic Kiskaloo. It's the funniest thing I've read in a long time and reminds me alot of Calvin & Hobbes.



Today I watched "101 Dalmatians" DVD special features plus the movie itself with Ariel...she kept saying 'DOG!' I figured she would enjoy it.



Each year for Ariel's birthday, Jay and I write a story about her and get it bound into a book (through MyPublisher.com), so we're trying to brainstorm ideas as they come over the next month or so. I sketched a few design ideas...I haven't drawn that much in awhile so my first attempts are pretty rusty, but it's a start.


1 comment:

Ryan McCulloch said...

Cute Designs! What a great idea to write those books!