Sunday, August 31, 2008

Falling in Love with the Movies again

It's a long weekend so I'm getting a chance to catch up on a couple movies I've been wanting to see, both of which I enjoyed.

First off I was sent a copy of Son of Rambow for a Hollywood Jesus review. Awesome 80s trip, great fun, hilarious and also very touching and sweet. The two lead actors were fantastic together and reminded me so much of me and my friends making home movies at that age. Check out my review for a few things I had to say about it.



...and also, I FINALLY got to check out The Dark Knight in IMAX, upon invitation by brother Mike & friends. HOLY CRAP!!! This was probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. I can totally see why there was so much hype over Heath Ledger's Joker...what an absolutely amazing performance! He was 110% pure EVIL! The film was so exciting and had me on the edge of my seat. It's loaded with spiritual and philosophical underpinnings as well, and crafted together masterfully. So many others at Hollywood Jesus have already hit exactly upon the same themes I found in it, related to our capacity for evil and our need for a savior. Excellent, excellent, excellent!

No comments: