Thursday, June 14, 2007

Parenting is all about balance...



One of the things I used to worry about before Ariel came along, and still do from time to time, is how will I manage to find the time for all the other projects I have yet to finish? Like my film, the documentary, another book, movie reviews, saving the world, etc, etc, etc...? Well, time is a funny thing, says the Mad Hatter, 'If you knew Time as well as I do, you wouldn't talk about wasting it. It's him.' Who knows what he meant, but does it matter? Clean cup! Move down!

Anyway, things have a way of working out, especially after the angel finally goes to bed. As I sit here I look at a big-ass stack of animation paper ready to be shot. Outside of a few scenes out being in-betweened by Steve, there's not much else left on Nigel. As far as my next book goes, after getting some advice from various historian friends at Platform, I'll send off my proposal and see what happens. Until then, the regular evening walks with my girls are really the best part of each day, and make all the waiting and chipping away at the rest of life worth it. Our little peanut turned 10 months today, and it's amazing how she's really starting to look like a little girl rather than a baby, or a fish...or Skeletor. Anyway, tonight was one of those nights when I really felt like a dad. Walkin' through our little village with my caramel frap, pushing Ariel in her swing, life is pretty nice in those moments...





No comments: