Monday, September 11, 2006

Ariel meets Kermit


September 11, 2006...in light of solemn reflection on a terrible day from 5 years ago, it could not have been more comforting and perfect to have the meeting of two very special people in my life: Ariel and Kermit. The most awesome and perfect gift imaginable arrived from my friend and colleague (and current freelance employer) Muppeteer Galen Fott and his family down in Nashville. Thanks you guys!


In other news, I'm starting to get into the swing of being back at work and catching up with activity from my time away. My Saturday classes started up again this past weekend, so it's back to being busy. This week I get to attend the first happening of the new equivalent to the Oscars/Emmies/Annies-type ceremony for the Canadian animation industry, hosted by William Shatner. Several of our students have been nominated for awards, and our involvement has mostly been in other peoples' hands so I'm not sure what to expect, but it should be fun. Also anticipating and preparing for going to the Ottawa Festival this year, which I am really looking super forward to. My book will be on sale at the Aniboutique with me present at the VanArts booth for autographs. I got some postcards today from the publishers to help with promotion, and a typo on the back says that I have an MFA instead of a BFA...not accurate, but it makes me look better!

No comments: