Sunday, October 21, 2007

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Tonight we carved pumpkins and afterwards I watched my favorite TV special...I'd like to incorporate the two events into an annual tradition, once Ariel can sit still through both of them. She seemed a little freaked out by the actual pumpkins, and she didn't stay awake long enough for the animated ones.

Here's a visual tribute to some memorable images from this masterpiece which always takes me back to childhood and represents the season for me. The animation is great, even when it's sloppy. The dialogue is very surreal, and overall it's just really strange, but I love every frame of it. And the music is perfect too. One of my favorite things about this show is the watercolor backgrounds.











Here's the REAL Great Pumpkin!

No comments: