Thursday, August 03, 2006

Antici.....

....pation.

Still....waiting....for....baby. I have a new theory as of today though, that God is holding off until all unresolved issues at work are wrapped up in a pretty package so that I don't have to worry about them during my time off. Every few minutes I come across something else that makes me think, hmmm, better take care of that. If that is indeed the case, then it's fine. I'd like to be able to relax at least a little bit while I adjust to my new adventurous lifestyle. But after tomorrow, and possibly a Saturday of teaching, hopefully that will be it, as I'm officially on vacation as of Tuesday.

Might have the possibility of doing a public talk on stop-motion through the local Siggraph people, so that's very exciting and I hope it crystallizes. My book was officially launched at SIGGRAPH in Boston this week, so it will be neat to hear how well it did and what other opps may have come from it. Working on planning Ottawa next.

The past few days I've had a new sense of responsibility in my personality and how I react to things, as though I feel the dawn of impending fatherhood already having an affect on my life. Hard to explain, just feel more alert, more open, more in tune with what's going on and how to tackle my 'issues'....or maybe it's the calm before the storm. Overall very excited and full of a calm kind of anxiety, but a squishy confident one that is still impatient...yet grown up.

Saw Marcello today. What a neat guy...he's going to teach art in China. His life would make a good book.

And now, for no reason other than it's a free country, the obligatory random Rock-afire picture...

No comments: