Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Great Space Coaster of Life

Well, life's like a roller coaster sometimes, up and down...had some great news Thursday: due to the plug on the Brew, Leonard Maltin has requested a copy of my book to review on his site, mainly because of the history chapter, so I think that's pretty frickin' cool! Shortly after hearing this news, I had (to borrow a funny Meeka phrase) an 'assy' day at work. The next day was better because the person who made it assy was not present, and I got a hell of a lot more actual work done.

Today I had an awesome day of teaching, and really discovered once again how much I enjoy it...I hope someday I can make it more of a full-time thing, but we'll see what happens. Overall starting to recover a bit more from my recent stomach bug, though it still creeps back now and then. Today was good. Then I read something which has inclined me to listen to Linkin Park most of the evening while working on an animation project I've been hired to do. My brother may never forgive me for using them as my anger outlet, as I'm sure he has much stronger therapeutic examples to choose from. But it works for me.

I've become so numb I can't feel you there become so tired so much more aware I'm becoming this all I want to do is be more like me and be less like you

(Trying not to break but I’m so tired of this deceit) (Every time I try to make myself get back up on my feet) (All I ever think about is this) (All the tiring time between) (And how trying to put my trust in you just takes so much out of me) Take everything from the inside and throw it all away Cuz I swear for the last time I won’t trust myself with you I won’t waste myself on you

Funnily enough, in the latter song I often see in my head images from Passion of the Christ...so perhaps good to meditate on the forgiveness aspect of things.

No comments: