Thursday, December 20, 2007

Concerts and Counting Down to Christmas...

Just a little bloggy update for the life of Ken...last weekend Jay and I had a night out on the town for the Bon Jovi concert. It was a really good show, and they sounded just like their records. I particularly liked the old stuff like Runaway, Raise Your Hands, Wanted Dead or Alive, all them 80s classics I grew up with. Funny thing about Bon Jovi is I've never actually owned an official copy of any of their albums, but rather snatched up singles I liked off friends. They were always sort of on the perimeter of the bands I was more obsessed with, but nevertheless I would say an important part of the soundtrack to my teen years. Jay is a really big fan, and it appears that Ariel is too.



So I suppose now the circle is complete by finally having seen one of the biggest rock bands from that whole genre of the hair-metal scene that I grew up with, and still have the occasional entry into my current ipod shuffles. I thought it would be fun to post a reminiscent blog about the various concerts I've been to over the years, if I can remember them all. Somewhere I have a whole bunch of ticket stubs still saved, but can't seem to recall where I've put them. But off the top of my head, I remember my first was Aerosmith in 1990, followed by Queensryche (eventually 4 times), AC/DC, Def Leppard (twice), Great White, Jimmy Page/Robert Plant (twice), Crosby Stills & Nash (twice), Metallica (twice), Pink Floyd, Black Crowes (twice), Jars of Clay, and Lollapalooza '92 (Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers, Ministry, Soundgarden). Also saw They Might Be Giants in an Ann Arbor record store. I know there are a few others I'm forgetting.

I shall muse on music once again soon...in the meantime, it's time to wrap up some freelance animation and my part-time courses and get ready for Christmas!

No comments: